Go to main navigation
16 Sterling Drive, Suite 205, P. O. Box 768, Bridgeport, West Virginia 26330
Call us today: 304-842-4300 888-425-1142 304-842-4300 888-425-1142


Below are answers to some frequently asked questions about the legal services of Kaufman & McPherson, PLLC.

How long are initial consultations?

In personal injury cases, the initial consultation is free and may last up to an hour. There is no further obligation connected to this discussion. In family law matters, you can obtain fee information by phone, or schedule a consultation that normally lasts about an hour. To obtain fee information or schedule a consultation please contact us.

Back to top

Does the firm represent me once we have had an initial consultation?

If you and the attorney are comfortable with each other, our representation can begin at that time.

Back to top

How can I pay the firm?

Personal Injury cases are typically handled on a contingent fee basis, with the attorneys advancing case expenses meaning that no payment is due unless and until the attorneys prevail in your case and funds are received.

For payment in family law matters, Kaufman & McPherson, PLLC accepts the following:

  • Cash
  • Check
  • Wire transfers
  • Money orders
  • Visa
  • MasterCard
  • Discover

Back to top

Do you ever settle cases instead of going to trial?

When appropriate, yes. We are committed to your best interests. Oftentimes, disputes can be settled outside of court and without a trial. This can oftentimes save some expense to the client, and can expedite the process if that is what the client desires. However, each case is unique. We are prepared to handle your case in whatever manner required for optimal results.

Back to top

Can you meet with me if you have already met with my spouse or an adverse party in a family matter dispute?

No. If any attorney in the firm has seen your spouse or an adverse party for an initial consultation, or otherwise obtained a significant amount of information about the case, we will not be able to meet with you since it would be considered a conflict of interest.

Back to top

Can you represent my spouse and me if we have reached an agreement?

No, the firm cannot represent both parties under any circumstances. However, we do represent many individuals through uncontested divorces where the parties reach agreements. Please do not hesitate to call to discuss your case.

Back to top

Answers to your frequently asked questions about types of divorce answered here.

Contact the firm today

Call or visit us for a free consultation to discuss your personal injury matter. We also offer home and hospital visits for those who are injured and cannot travel to us. In family law matters, you can obtain fee information by phone, or schedule a consultation. To obtain fee information or a consultation contact us today.