West Virginia Personal Injury and Family Law Lawyers Effectively Fight for You
Helping you resolve problems
Kaufman & McPherson, PLLC helps clients resolve a wide range of personal injury and family law matters throughout the state of West Virginia. From our offices in Bridgeport we offer solutions to your family law needs and fight for your compensation after someone’s negligence has caused you harm. For more than 30 years our attorneys have served the members of our community and fought for justice.
A variety of personal injury practice areas
We provide comprehensive personal injury legal services on a contingency-fee basis. When you need us, we know that you need a combination of compassionate attorneys and skilled negotiators and litigators. We fight as well as we listen. Our network includes experts, including accident reconstruction, forensic specialists and medical doctors, with whom we collaborate as needed to build a strong case.
- Auto accidents: If you have been in a car wreck, a trucking accident or had a collision on your motorcycle, we help you every step of the way. We also advocate for pedestrians and bicyclists who have been injured by distracted drivers.
- Workplace injuries: If you have been hurt on the job, you may be reluctant to report a workplace injury, as you may be concerned about retribution from your employer. As your representative, we take on the responsibility of dealing with your company, its insurance company and attorneys.
- Wrongful death: If you have lost a family member or loved one as a result of the misconduct, irresponsible actions, or negligence of others, you should not hesitate to obtain legal counsel right away. You may have many different questions about whether or not you can file a wrongful death claim. We are here to help you with these questions and assist you with creating a plan of action.
- Medical malpractice: You expect to feel better after seeing a physician. If you have been in an emergency room, hospital or other medical care facility and suffered from a physician’s error, an incorrect dosage (pharmacy error) or other forms of medical malpractice, contact us. We have a team of medical experts who can advise you on the correct treatment and demonstrate how the error affected your health.
- Defective products: Also called “product liability,” we put pressure on manufactures or sellers to compensate you if a piece of sporting equipment, medical device, treadmill, car part, electrical wiring or recalled product caused you harm. Some of our biggest success stories have been defective product suits.
- Nursing home neglect: Sometimes it takes a while for you to become aware of nursing home neglect or inappropriate behavior in an assisted living facility, but if your loved one has shown signs of malnutrition, bed sores or seems lethargic, your loved one may be due compensation.
We offer a free consultation for personal injury matters and if you are seriously injured we will come to your hospital, home or rehabilitation facility.
Much more than “just divorce”
Our family law practice is important to us. We understand that each family has individual challenges and dynamics. Whether your divorce is acrimonious or amicable, we go through every detail and advocate in the best interest of your and your child. You may want to evaluate our attorneys before deciding. That’s what you should do.
Our family law services include but are not limited to:
- Divorce: The saying goes, “it’s much easier to get married than un-married.” We guide you through all of the aspects of divorce, separation of assets, alimony and other related legal matters.
- Child custody and support: The courts want solutions that are in the best interest of the child. As the parent, we know you do too. We push for reasonable child custody and support agreements and help you renegotiate new solutions if you need to modify agreements when things change.
- Mediation: When a divorcing couple agrees, it is easier to mediate a solution than to litigate. With mediation it is still important that you have a legal advocate. We can help.
- Adoption: There are many different kinds of families. Whether you would like to formalize an adoption in a blended family or you hope to adopt a baby, we love helping families with adoptions and related matters.
- Separation: Perhaps a divorce is not in your best interest. We help you understand the difference between separation and divorce so you can make the appropriate choice.
We help individuals and families start fresh. Call for an appointment to get started.
The Kaufman & McPherson, PLLC want to advocate for you. If you seek compensation for a personal injury matter are preparing to get divorced, contact us at 304-842-4300 today. We serve clients throughout West Virginia from our offices in Bridgeport.