West Virginia Auto Accident Attorney Gets You Back on the Road
Advocating for full compensation after a serious collision
An auto accident can cause devastating injuries, leaving you unable to work, move or function as you could before. At Kaufman & McPherson, PLLC, we have more than 30 years of experience fighting on behalf of auto accident victims and their families. Let us manage your legal issues as you concentrate on getting well.
Experience managing litigation for a variety of car crashes
To obtain compensation for your injuries, you must prove that someone’s negligence caused your accident. This demanding process requires knowledge and experience. Our legal team has had success litigating personal injury and wrongful death cases resulting from a variety of car crash scenarios, including:
- Rear-end accidents
- Single Vehicle Accidents
- Accidents Involving Family Members
- Side-impact collisions
- Head-on accidents
- Multicar pileups
- Intersection accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Uninsured/underinsured drivers
Having handled numerous automobile, motorcycle and truck accident claims throughout West Virginia, our attorneys have access to capable accident reconstruction experts who help us prove causation and establish liability for your accident.
Causes of car wrecks in West Virginia
West Virginia has a higher rate of rural traffic accidents (73 percent) than urban (27 percent), which reflects that our state’s narrow, winding, often unlighted country roads require caution to navigate safely. However, poor driving habits are as common here as they are elsewhere and include:
- Distracted driving: When texting, checking GPS or talking to a passenger diverts a driver’s attention from the road, it only takes a second for an accident to happen.
- Impaired drivers: In 2013, 24 percent of West Virginia drivers in fatal crashes had blood alcohol content readings above the legal limit of .08 percent.
- Aggressive driving: In 2013, speeding was a factor in 29 percent of motor vehicle crash deaths nationwide.
- Failure to follow rules of the road: Illegal passing, swerving, failing to yield and many “quick mistakes” can lead to devastating injuries.
- Lack of skill: Younger and older drivers may not handle a vehicle well in an emergency, leading to avoidable accidents.
Our legal team know what it takes to firmly establish fault for your accident.
Securing damages in negligence cases
Establishing fault is essential to recovering damages. Under West Virginia law, damages that may be recovered in an auto accident often include:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitative care
- Loss of consortium
With our reputation and experience, we can often obtain a favorable damage settlement outside of court. Insurance companies may not want to risk going to trial, once they see that your attorneys are prepared to fully prove all your damages. Knowing that an experienced trial lawyer is handling the case may provide additional incentive to negotiate a settlement. Whether heading to trial or to the negotiating table, Kaufman & McPherson, PLLC puts considerable preparation into developing a strong case.
Make a no-obligation call so you can get help after a car wreck
Let our experienced Bridgeport auto accident attorneys help you obtain the full compensation you deserve. We are committed to providing effective and personal legal representation to every client we serve. To make an appointment, call Kaufman & McPherson, PLLC at 304-842-4300 or contact us online.